Date:      Fri,  2 May 97 09:01:09 -0400
From:      Stephen Board <boards@toogoodoo.nosc.mil>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPAM target

I got this from another spam message sent to me.  Maybee we
should all send mail to the email address listed and see if
anything happens.  I know I'd be a little ticked off if
I had to sort through thousands of messages.  But I guess
if these folks are like everyone states, then they probably
use "e-Filter" to send email to this account to ~/dev/null.

Oh well, just a suggestion.

Stephen

=======================================

You wrote:
> Warner Losh said:
> >In message <19970501193004.42591@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
> >John-Mark Gurney writes:
> >: > Not likely. AGIS is the current home of Cyber Promotions,
> >: > and actively defends their activities.
> >:
> >: sounds like we need to send a message to MCI and see if
> >: they won't do any thing about it... of course we can always
> >: to a class action suit... and each of us get $500 for each
> >: posting to each list.. :)
> >
> >don't count on it.  I know of at least three machines in the
> >cyberpromo domain that are sending BIFF packets to our subnet
> >every time they get a mail message. The village has been hit
> >with hundreds of thousands of these things over the last
> >several months. We've tried everything we can think of to
> >make them stop, and still they keep coming.
> >
> >Ideas?  Can we call the DA or the FBI for a DoS attack?
> >
> >Warner
> >

> If you can produce proof of this I would suggest you/we call
> FBI. This is against the law and it do my heart good to see
> these bozo twisting in the wind.
>

> Josef
>
> --
> Josef Grosch | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 2.2.1
> jgrosch@sirius.com | Micro$oft free world | UNIX for the
> masses
---

Stephen Board