Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:58:10 +0000
From:      Smelly Pooh <blokey@indigo.ie>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports

I've noticed that as I'm constantly syncing my /usr/ports directory and
upgrading programs, the old packages stay there.  If I pkg_delete them and
there's an unchanged file that exists in both the update and the original then
tat gets deleted too.  Any way of cleanly removing old packages?  Incidentally
are the ports trees for all the FreeBSD releases the same one?  I mean if I'm
running 2.2.x do I still get all the latest ports?