Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:10:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Ali Faiez Taha <aftaha@cirp.usp.br>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail problems

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Ali Faiez Taha wrote:
> The domain is cirp.usp.br
> The first computer is : pirita.cirp.usp.br  with FreeBSD
> The second computer is : quartzo.cirp.usp.br  with Linux
> [ snip ]
>  ??? What I need to do with the sendmail.cf files on both computers  ???

In your DNS have the MX record for pirita point to quartzo

    pirita    IN MX 0 quartzo.cirp.usp.br.

On quartzo you want to use FEATURE(mailertable) with a database that
includes

pirita.cirp.usp.br        esmtp:pirita.cirp.usp.br

This would be the equivilant of adding the following to S98 but is
more flexible, you  can add entries without having sendmail reload its
.cf

R$+ < @ pirita.cirp.usp.br . >    $#esmtp $@ pirita.cirp.usp.br $: \
	$1 < @ pirita.cirp.usp.edu . >

DON'T use the continuation line in a real rule!

You should not need to do anything to pirita's sendmail.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com