Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:46:11 -0500
From:      "Brian A. Seklecki (CFI NOC)" <seklecki@noc.cfi.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Maxim Khitrov <mkhitrov@gmail.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache 2.2 mod_ldap refusing to work over SSL/TLS

> As far as I can tell, it doesn't even get to the certificate
> verification phase even though the STARTTLS command is successful.

Is there any level of debugging that can be increased on the Apache side
?  Possibly a build/compile-time option for the module?

Debugging apache code can always be tricky because of the threaded/child
process nature.

We use mod_authz_ldap and it works "okay", but OpenLDAP an can be a real
beyotch when it comes to SSL/TLS.

E.g., we feel your pain.  The only way out, is through.

~BAS