Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:58:22 -0700
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        "Haulmark, Chris" <chris@sigd.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Kan Cai <kan.cai@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: install freebsd with usb keyboard

On Monday 13 June 2005 19:55,  the author Haulmark, Chris contributed to the
dialogue on-
 RE: install freebsd with usb keyboard:

>Someone broke the silence:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. But, as I said, the keyboard PS2 plugin of my
>> mobo is *physically* broken. So even with a usb->ps2 adapter, it
>> won't work. Any other suggestions?
>>
>> cheers,
>> --ken
>
>I've seen some keyboards that supports use of serial ports (RS-232).

Sorry I thought you said the plug but you meant the receptacle/socket
Umph -- can you break off the broken plastic bits and get a soldering irion
onto the connectors? If so you could solder some wires in place and make
connections. that way - it should not be too difficult to do -- better than
throwing the mobo away!!

I have even wired directly to the mobo before now (broken network
connector!!!) That machine is now 4 years old and still working with a utp
cable directly wired to the mobo!!!

David
David

>Chris Haulmark

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.