Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2008 22:13:08 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <bsd-unix@embarqmail.com>
To:        Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
Cc:        gnome-list freebsd <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gimp-app pkg-plist wrong?

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:43:52 +0200
Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de> wrote:

> libexec/gimp/2.2/plug-ins/help-browser is in pkg-plist, but did not get
> installed. Is my installation broken or pkg-plist wrong?

I noticed the same.  I'd think that the help-browser didn't get
built/installed since OPTIONS shows that feature as "ON" by default.

When the option for building the help-browser is defined it sets
the CONFIGURE_ARGS to "--with-gtkhtml2" but I think this needs to
be changed for the new Gimp.  I found a reference on the Gimp site
( http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-docs/10496-GIMP-help-in-2-6.html#msg47479 )
that seemed to indicate that the help browser has been ported from
gtkhtml2 to WebKit.

I'm thinking this is the reason that this turns up during the
configure step:

  checking for WEBKIT... gnome-config: not found

The www/webkit-gtk2 _might_ be what configure is looking for but
that's just a guess on my part.  I've not tried it yet since it adds
several more dependencies that I don't have installed and its too late
in the day to start digging further.

Anyway, hope this helps and isn't some red herring.

Randy