Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:19:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soeren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA tags bug fix committed to -releng4

It seems Matthias Andree wrote:
> Soeren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk> writes:
>
> > I've just committed a fix for the tags problem, so please those
> > that had this problem, test it out and let me know...
>
> hw.ata.tags="1" now works for me and my IBM-DTLA 307045.
>
> To give it a try, I hacked ata-disk.c to allow tagged queueing on my WDC
> AC420440D (it's said to be a IBM DJNA clone), it would write "TAGGED" on
> scanning and would work to some extent but then give me strange crashes
> later that the system would not really recover from, I presume it is
> reading bogus data sometimes.

Hmm, the IBM DJNA series is broken tags wise, it "forgets" an outstanding
request from time to time. My AC29100D that is a clone of the DJNA
doesn't work as well..
However I seem to be able to make tags work on the older IBM DTTA
series of drives, according to IBM tags should work if transfers
are kept under 64k...

-Søren