Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:03:25 -0600
From:      BSDC <bsdc@xtremedev.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm vchans in -current?

Hello,

  Has anyone had any issues with pcm vchans in -current? I installed
  FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE along with KDE3, and upped hw.snd.maxautovchans and
  hw.snd.pcm0.vchans to 4, and was able to play sound both through xmms
  and artsd (opening and closing apps, etc) simultaneously. But after
  cvsup'ing and buildworld/installworld/kernel/mergemaster, artsd won't
  work if either hw.snd.maxautovchans or hw.snd.pcm0.vchans are greater
  than 0.

  What can I do to provide some debug messages with pcm?

  Setup: Sound Blaster AWE32 on FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT as of April 16, 2003

  sndstat:
  FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
  Installed devices:
  pcm0: <SB16 DSP 4.12> at io 0x220 irq 7 drq 1:5 bufsz 4096d (1p/1r/0v
      channels duplex default)