Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 16:12:05 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with bootup

Rick Knebel wrote:

> Thanks.
> Now when I get to the prompt and type jpico which is the editor I use
> it says not found

Well ... you _are_ in single user mode...
First off, probably all your partitions aren't mounted, solve this with
mount -a
Then, it's possible that you don't have certain environment vars setup
in this mode. If you still can't get jpico to start after mounting
everything, try specifying the complete path to the binary, ex:
/usr/local/bin/jpico /etc/rc.conf
(assuming that jpico is in /usr/local/bin)
If jpico needs other environ vars that aren't set up you will have to a)
set them manually or b) use another editor get get things back on the
rails.

Good luck,
Bill