Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 2009 14:53:49 -0400
From:      Joey Mingrone <joey@mingrone.org>
To:        Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>, Tom Worster <fsb@thefsb.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fixit and gmirror

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 21:40, Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Because the livefs uses a MFSROOT system (allows you to make changes
> to the ram-based disk image after boot), you have to load kernel
> modules before the mfsroot is mounted. =C2=A0As an example..
>
> boot cd
> escape to loader prompt
> load /boot/kernel/geom_mirror.ko
> load /boot/kernel/smbfs.ko (if needed, i had to load two modules the
> time i had to use it)
> boot

Thanks guys.

Tim, that did the trick.  I followed that sequence with the livefs cd, then=
 did:

# mount /dev/mirror/gm0s1a /temp/; mount /dev/mirror/gm0s1f
/temp/tempusr/ and copied /temp/tempusr/boot to /temp/ (minus
kernel.old so it would fit) and the system boots again.

> And I would like to note.. =C2=A0raid0 is striping, gstripe. =C2=A0raid1 =
is
> mirroring. =C2=A0I find it hard to recognize raid0 as your boot device.

Right.  It is raid1.

Cheers,

Joey