Date:      Wed, 01 Aug 2001 13:37:47 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        gerti-freebsdq@bitart.com, gerti@bitart.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Beware of WindRiver Systems!

Erm, I'm sorry, but I don't quite see how this is "contrary" to my
comments.  All I said, and more than a few people at WRS were angry
with me for even being that blunt, was that the committer
subscriptions were in limbo and that it was NOT CLEAR whether or not
they would continue, my guess (and it was only a guess) being that the
freebies were probably history.

If you're referring to earlier comments I made saying that WRS was
aware that there were problems in fulfillment and that there was
strong desire on some people's parts there to fix those problems, then
that was certainly the case at the time and is probably still the case
now.  That doesn't mean, of course, that the problems WILL be fixed
and I don't think that I ever implied such a thing, I merely said that
there were people who WANTED to fix them and understood that things
weren't really the best they could be right now.

Even though I no longer work for Wind River systems, I still think
that's the case and no company as large as they are ever have just
"one opinion" about something.  It's more a question of whether or not
the people who are working for improvements have the support and
capability to bring them about.  If you somehow read into all that a
declaration by me that things were great at WRS and you'd never have
another problem again, then I can only suggest that we're having
language problems or something because that's not what I said at all.

In any case, I no longer have any sort of vested interest in the
proceedings of this and WRS probably has bigger problems to worry
about right now if you've read any of the latest press releases, so
why don't we all just wait and see what happens?  In the meantime I
would certainly expect everyone to continue to vote with their wallets
and reward whomever does the best job of fulfilling FreeBSD customer
expectations, be they WindRiver or some other company.

- Jordan