Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:02:02 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I've played around with gdesklets (patch included for interested parties)

Merging two emails into one..

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:18:53 +0200, Alexander Leidinger
<Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:29:18 -0500
> Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net> wrote:
>
> RUN_DEPENDS has to be satisfied before a "make install", so specifying
> it only in RUN_DEPENDS should be enough.

Ahh, you are right.. I thought, it will install gdesklets before the
Network's 'make install'.. Thanks!

>> > The __command_thread() doesn't run.
>> >
>> > I've also fixed a little bug (the first 2 interfaces aren't choosable)
>> > and added some "debug" code to __command_thread().
>>
>> It's a lot better, I now can see the list of different interfaces, but I
>> don't get anything output so had to refresh it manual. Then, I get
>> this..
>
> How dou you refresh manually?

Heh, it's strange.. I use IconButton and LTCandy's clock applet that
depend on IconButton, then I click on IconButton and it will make the
refresh... I put 'blah' command, so it only will spit the error in
terminal but will refresh everything.

>> __command_thread called
>> not stopped
>>
>> When, I keep do the refresh often and I get like this..
>
> The command thread runs in a loop and sleeps there for the specified
> amount. How long did you waited before the second manual refresh?

I have leave them running for a night before and it doesn't refresh or
anything until I did it manual. A new applet just came in yesterday and
it's called BugZilla. BugZilla doesn't has any problem with the refresh,
maybe will need to check its code.

>> Unhandled exception in thread started by
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "./__init__.py", line 58, in __command_thread
>>      l = l.replace(":"," ")
>>    File "/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/gdesklets/sensor/Sensor.py", line 54, in
>> _send_output
>>      self.update_observer(self.OBS_OUTPUT, output)
>>
>> Is it bug in Python or what? I have Python 2.3_1 installed.
>
> I've 2.3 too... it may be an interoperability bug with 2.3 or it's a bug
> in gdesklet. I suggest to ask the authors of gdesklet / the
> network-desklet.

I think, might have to contract with the main developers of gdesklets
too.. I might just post over at gDesklets forum..

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.