Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 2004 08:37:23 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@rahn-koltermann.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/63409: jdk-1.4.2p6_3 plugin crashes Mozilla-1.6_2,2

"Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@rahn-koltermann.de> writes:

> Well know, seen before, fixed.  See the thread at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=183044+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/freebsd-java/20040125.freebsd-java
>
> This *is* in fact a jdk14 problem, please reassign back.

Oddly, I poked at the applet a couple times after this, got various
failures, then it eventually worked.  No changes on my end, just
returning to the same web page, clicking the same applet. Like there
were problems initializing them vm the first time then "fixed
themselves" :-( on subsequent invocations.

Should I close the ticket? The behavior's a bit flaky, but I was able
to get beyond the initial problem -- though it's not "fixed".