Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 1995 14:27:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS motherboard

> Someone is planning a group purchase of ASUS MB with the following
> characteristics. Does someone know it and can comment ?
>
> ASUS Pentium 75/90/100mhz PCI/I-P54SP4 Mother Board
> SIS 85C50X Chipset, Baby AT size, Award BIOS,
> Two integrated SMC 37C665 16550 High Speed I/O,
> 2 PCI IDE(EIDE); 2 ser; 1 para(ECP, EPP), 2.88MB Floppy
> Four High Density 72-pin SIMM slots for 128MB,
> Accepts Parity and non-parity SIMMS,
> Green, Flash EPROM and NCR SCSI BIOS (upgrade by ftp available)
> Cache Upgrades to 1MB Cache,
> 3 x 16-bit ISA ; 3 x 32-bit PCI ; 1 PCI/ISA. (7 en tot.)
>
> I don't care for the EIDE interface.

I don't have first hand experience with this board, as I was waiting for
the new PCI/I-P54TP4/90 which just came in FedX today.  This is the newer
board based upon the Intel Triton chip set, I'll let the list know how it
tests out.

I do have an ECS SI54P AIO board that has the exact same specs as the ASUS
board that works just fine.  I have seen one problems with the SiS 85C50X
chip set, it does not seem to like my bt946C, hard hang on power up.  It
runs both my ncr810 and ncr825 controllers just fine.  I have not tested
it yet with the aha2940 since it also just came in today.

I am wondering what the price looks like on this ``group purchase''.