Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:36:55 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org, nobutaka@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Updated ffmpeg port (CVS snapshot Aug 20, 2002)

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 08:28:08PM +0200, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:28:07 +0200
> Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org> wrote:
>
> SOS> 	I'm game - version including the grab support is now at
> SOS>
> SOS> 	ftp.sohara.org /pub/ffmpeg.tar.gz
>
> 	I have just updated this with the configuration sorted out,
> to quote the new Makefile:

> Define WITHOUT_MMX if your system does not support MMX
>
> If you want to capture from a bktr(4) supported card
> you will probably need to set the input device and format
> You can set BKTR_FORMAT to NTSC or PAL and you can set
> BKTR_DEV to 0, 1, 2 or 3 (1 is usually the tuner)
> so for a PAL tuner make BKTR_FORMAT=PAL BKTR_DEV=1
>
> Warning: invalid settings will probably dump cores

	Great! I did a few style changes in the Makefile. For
instance, I changed

	1) BKTR_FORMAT to WITH_BKTR_FORMAT
	2) BKTR_DEV to WITH_BKTR_DEV
	3) Changed files/patch-libav::grab_bsdbktr.c to
	   files/grab_bsdbktr.c. It is "installed" by a post-extract
	   target. It's better to maintain a file than a patch :)

- updated ffmpeg port
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/ffmpeg.tar.gz

	What do you guys think? Is it ready for a commit? I'll
commit it by 15:00 UTC Friday 11th of October, 2002; if there is
nothing against it.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer