Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:25:06 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        phk@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   scotty-2.1.9 works under 3.0-STABLE !?!?

I tried to install the net/scotty port and I found that it is
marked as broken for ELF systems because of an startup error
related to Tcl/Tk. However, I wanted to give it a try anyway,
so I commented out the BROKEN_ELF line in the Makefile and built
scotty... and it works!

I am running 3.0-STABLE (built on Jan, 25th). I installed the
latest ports of Tcl an Tk (8.0.4). But a friend of mine, who
runs a 3.0-RELEASE system (also with Tcl/Tk 8.0.4 installed)
gets the well known error message when trying to start tkined.

It seems that this problem is not related to Tcl/Tk...

-- JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:jose@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     |
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-946012479
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-944858139