Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:53:10 -0500
From:      "Robert Atkinson" <phreaki@gmail.com>
To:        cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
Cc:        "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i give up

I second this idea since with my nearly a decade of FreeBSD
administration under the belt, it is a waste of my time to throw it
away. It is much cheaper for me to swap a card or even task a
different machine for hardware that just isn't meant to be in FBSD.

I'll use the penguin where I have too, I am forced to use it due to
the VPS solution I chose. The price was right and it does what I wish
it to do, but I would never, ever give up on the box under my desk and
turn my back on this otherwise outstanding operating system.

I have however, had many users who I show Linux give up because
everything they own in the house is not supported. They always say
"isn't linux supposed to be great?" and I can only say that they
should learn to write device drivers and only buy hardware that has
well known support.

Thanks,
Robert