Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 03:08:30 +0900
From:      Fuyuhiko Maruyama <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
To:        ernst@jollem.com
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patchset 9 + Orion 1.0.3 ==> Bus error

I am one of developers of OpenJIT, so I'm very interested in your bug
report.  Yes, bug reports are always useful!

At Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:19:15 +0200,
Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com> wrote:

> I tried a few more times, and the signal is triggered each time I run
> the application. So the problem is reproducable.
>
> So I tried to run the JVM without the JIT and then it worked fine. So
> the problem has something to do with the JIT. It may be in the JIT, or
> -less likely- be triggered by the presence of the JIT.
At this time I cannot decide the problem was caused by OpenJIT or
not, so I want more information.  If I see the backtrace, I can
consider more precisely about your problem.  Have you ever tried your
application with debug version of JVM(i.e. java_g)?  Of course, if I
can try the same application, it makes me more easy to analyze.

> > My Orion application server just crashed on patchset 9. It happened when
> > I clicked a link that referred to a JSP page. Perhaps this is an OpenJIT
> > problem.
> >
> > My system:
> >
> > * Pentium2-400/128 MB/SCSI/FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE
> > * All the ports necessary for ps9 are installed (according to
> >   checkports.sh)
> > * Orion 1.0.3
> > * OpenJIT 1.1.12
I don't know anything about the Orion.  Please tell me about it, URL
of Orion's Web page may be useful.  If I can use it, I will try it.

Thanks.

--
Fuyuhiko Maruyama <fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp>
Matsuoka laboratory,