Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jeffrey Bouquet" <jbtakk@iherebuywisely.com>
To:        "jbtakk" <jbtakk@iherebuywisely.com>
Cc:        "current" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: llvm boostrap? Clang failures. [  more info add to post ]

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:12:57 -0700 (PDT), "Jeffrey Bouquet" <jbtakk@iherebu=
ywisely.com> wrote:

>=20
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:50:22 +0200, Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org> wrot=
e:
>=20
> > On 10 Jul 2015, at 03:54, Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk@iherebuywisely.com> w=
rote:
> > >=20
> > > The "update clang" messages in UPDATING seem to not fix...
> > > ...llvm/include/llvm/ADT/StringRef.h: fatal error:
> > > 'algorithm' file not found
> > > make stopped in /usr/src/lib/clang/lib/libllvmsupport...
> >=20
> > Do you have the 'algorithm' file on your system, in /usr/include/c++/v1?
> > And is the rest of libc++ correctly installed?  You should have the
> > following libraries:
> >=20
> > /usr/lib/libc++.a
> > /usr/lib/libc++.so
> > /usr/lib/libc++.so.1
> > /usr/lib/libc++_p.a
>=20
> Were missing.
>=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > > The entire build fails similarly,
> > > also in any subtree I try to start from (clang, lib/clang... etc etc)
> > >=20
> > > Previously, the system was upgraded from another successful installwo=
rld by rsync'ing the
> > > /obj IIRC...
> > > Also I've tried parameters such as CPP=3D/usr/local/bin/clang-cpp36  =
 to no avail...
> >=20
> > Another possibility is that you are assigning to CFLAGS and/or CXXFLAGS
> > incorrectly.  Can you please post your make.conf and src.conf files?
> >=20
> > Last but not least, from which version of FreeBSD are you building?  An
> > older copy of -CURRENT, or some -STABLE branch?
> >=20
> > -Dimitry
>=20
> make CC=3D/usr/local/bin/clang36 CXX=3D/usr/local/bin/clang++36 CPP=3D/us=
r/local/bin/clang-cpp36 -NO_PROFILE
>   -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE -DNOPROFILE buildworld...
>=20
> Fails in the same way.
>=20
> Aside from rsync'ing over from another CURRENT that buildworld works on, =
which may happen soon,
> for an installworld, I wonder why some invocation of the above line, or o=
ne with gcc49, would not
> suffice...
>=20
> [ Tried several things in UPDATING and 'man build', but since even
>   /usr/bin/clang here is missing [1], things are not what they should be,
>   everything except buildworld works...   ]
> [1] I may be able to copy it over today using a thumbdrive, however...=20

I've a CURRENT r281990 that won't complete buildworld, nor installworld from

 an obj rsynced from r285019.=20
 and a src r285239
 IOW former won't install
 latter won't build...

 ( missing files, etc... error varies)

 Just a slight chance anyone has run into a similar situation...

 Current error is in /usr/src/lib/clang/libllvmsupport (file not found)=20
 during buildworld

 elsewhere,=20
 "don't know how to make auto.obj.mk"
 (usr/src/contrib/llvm/include) "make install" -- the above error occurs

 I don't suspect a mismatch between src and obj (former not building, latte=
r already
 built); only a few days apart as to upgrades.=20

 Hopefully stated clearly enough.=20
 Not that important now, but may eventually be a showstopper.

 I've checked "man build" and UPDATING and not really sure how to proceed.