Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 01:56:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      FreeBSD Question <question@blink.dhs.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bug wich crashes freebsd 3.2

Yes, there is a way that user can mount the file systems(of course in a
way that root configured).

If a system uses "amd" and if it mounts fd's automatically(like my system)
then that user can seriously harm the computer.

I tried the exact same thing whoever wrote below and it DID freeze the
machine, had to reboot it by pressing "reset" button.
I am using 4.0 so the bug(?) is not fixed.

Obviously, I haven't had ANY problems like this for over 5-6 years
eversince I first started using FreeBSD.. and the user has to be "pretty
dumb" to make mistakes like that anyway.

However, I feel bad that there is this kind of problem which FreeBSD can't
handle well or as normal.  This should definitely be fixed in the near
future even though it doesn't happen frequently or never happen to
somebody.  Bug is a bug and should be fixed.  Even if there is a bug that
is not normally caused by anyone, it's still a bug.

Byung