Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:46:03 -0700
From:      "J R" <jesse_rock206@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipnat

Hello,
     I've been working on this setup and I can't seem to find what I'm doing
wrong. Here is the gist.
I have a machine with two interfaces and three IP's bound to the public
interface. The private interface has an internal address and is connected to
a machine via a flipped cable. I can ping the machine connected to the
internal interface, and it can ping its gateway. What I want to do is
forward all packets coming in to a certain IP address on the public
interface to the second machine sitting behind the private interface, and
vice versa.

box 1: fxp0 *.*.*.70 fxp1 192.168.10.1
box 2: if1 192.168.10.2  (this is a win2k machine btw)

crank# sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding
net.inet.ip.forwarding: 1

crank# ipnat -l
List of active MAP/Redirect filters:
map fxp0 192.168.0.0/16 -> *.*.*.70/32
rdr fxp0 *.*.*.70/32 port 80 -> 192.168.10.2 port 80 tcp/udp
rdr fxp0 *.*.*.70/32 port 3389 -> 192.168.10.2 port 3389 tcp

Although an nmap scan from the crank machine shows the services listening,
ipnat does not forward requests from the internet to those ports, ie they
time out.
Am I missing something?

Thank you