Date:      Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:36:25 -0700
From:      Samuel Clements <sclements@linkline.com>
To:        steven.glogger@ch.easynet.net
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SATA RAID 1 controllers for Intel board

Should work just fine with the integrated ICH5R if you CVSUP to
-CURRENT. sos@ has done major work to the ata code recently and I have
many of this exact machine up and running right now. I had to:

Enable SATA RAID  in the BIOS but define no raid
Install FreeBSD on ad4 (or the first disk)
CVSUP to current and rebuild kernel
edit your fstab and change all the ad4 (or whatever disk you installed
on) entries to ar0
go into RAID BIOS and create a RAID from the first drive

When it asks you how to create the array, choose Build and it'll copy
your first drive to the second drive, creating a mirror.

reboot your machine and it should 'just work'
   -Sam