Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 21:59:05 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Vlad Skvortsov <vlad@high.net.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   virtual mail domain : problem with fetchmail (?)

	Hello.

	I understand this is not quite freebsd-related question, but I don't
	know other unix-related mailing lists.

	We've got home LAN without permanent connection to the Net. We run
	DNS server and our (fictive) domain is "high.". There are several
	machines in the LAN. We connect Net every night.

	At my work in the university we (obviously) have permanently
	wired servers.

	The goal is: to receive mail sent to (legal) domain "high.net.ru" at
	our home LAN.

	How we do that. We have got legal domain high.net.ru, resolving to
	machine mail.ulstu.ru (that's our university mail server). At
	mail.ulstu.ru all mail to domain high.net.ru is delivered to mailbox
	of user "high".

	In our LAN we also have domain high.net.ru resolving to my machine.
	That was made to allow sending mail to user@high.net.ru without
	relaying it to mail.ulstu.ru. I've got virtusertable to route mail
	for domain high.net.ru to appropriate internal machines.

	Outgoing mail is sent OK (if you read it ;-). Inbound mail is
	received with fetchmail (using POP3 to get mail of user "high" at
	mail.ulstu.ru). There are both Envelope-To and X-Envelope-To present
	in headers of inbound mails.

	The problem. Fetchmail sends all mails received from mail.ulstu.ru
	to user that has invoked it. It doesn't use 'enveloped' addresses.

--
Vlad Skvortsov, vss@ulstu.ru