Date:      Wed, 7 May 2008 17:02:33 +0100
From:      Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk>
To:        David Banning <david+dated+1210602320.3f4543@skytracker.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suggestion on a backup utility

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 10:25:12AM -0400, David Banning wrote:

> > For backing up purposes, I use a number of tools.
>
> Thanks Frank for your input. I have chosen for now use Chuck's suggestion,
> that being cvsup. The only thing I would like to do is omit certain files
> that I don't want backed up - large unimportant files - some cache and
> log files. I'll look at your suggestions and see if there is a way
> to tweak my backup strategy for the best mix.

Hi David,

Obviously, you're best placed to decide which backup strategies are
best to use with your setup. With cvsup you can use refuse files which
might be of use. It means that some parts of the tree are ignored when
cvsup is run.

The manpage describes the usage of them.

Best of luck and may I wish you no data loss!

Regards,

--

 Frank