Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:59:33 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@hilink.com.au>
To:        Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.sminter.com.ar>
Cc:        erik <erik@chapman.karlskrona.se>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: limit ftp users to their homedir

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Fernando Schapachnik wrote:

> I use wu-ftpd for this and works nice. I also has some other features.
>=20

Why don't you just use the standard ftpd with FreeBSD?
Put your users into a class called 'subscribers' or 'members' or whatever,
and put :ftp-chroot: into the definition of that class in /etc/login.conf.

You'll also want to=20
cd /usr/src/libexec/ftpd
make -DFTPD_INTERNAL_LS
make install

so that your chrooted users can see files in their area (put ls(1) code
into ftpd)

Danny