Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 15:04:28 -0400
From:      "Gregory, Scott, SrA, SAF/AADXT" <sgregory@af.pentagon.mil>
To:        "Security (E-mail)" <security@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'sgregory@crosslink.net'" <sgregory@crosslink.net>, "'gregory@afpubs.hq.af.mil'" <gregory@afpubs.hq.af.mil>
Subject:   Setting up Password Expiration and System Utilization

I am running 2.2.1-Release.  I have read the man page for passwd, but
haven't been able to setup password expiration.  Where do I add the
expirations time?  I added it to the passwd file with vipw, but it never
expired my password.  After I changed my password the time entry was
removed from the password file.  How do I set the passwords to always
expire in xx days?  Is there any way to keep a list of old password so they
cannot be reused?

Also,  what are good system utilization numbers?  I'm trying to figure out
at what point I am stressing my system other than the obvious slow down.  I
have a Pent-Pro 200, 128 meg ram, 256meg swap, 2.2 gig Seagate FW SCSI for
the system, 2 x 4 gig Seagate FW SCSI drives for data, 2940 UW SCSI
controller, 8x SCSI-2 CD ROM, SMC PCI network card, Seagate 4gig DAT Backup
(SCSI-2).

I hope this has made sense, I'm trying to get this put before the network
goes down for maintence.  Please reply to this address or
sgregory@crossslink.net or gregory@afpubs.hq.af.mil.

Thanks,

Scott