Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 10:02:51 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Tulloch <andrew@cosa.uk-legal.net>
To:        Sean Lutner <sean@rentul.net>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Ryan Losh <rklosh@rkl.org>, redbishop@linuxfan.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Perl Doesn't like XFree-4.0.1

I'll add another "me too" to seeing this problem, but definitely only
under GNOME. It seemed to occur in any shell window, gnome terminal and
eterm. I wasn't particularly fond of it anyhow and switched to KDE,
which doesn't seem to have this problem at all. The only thing that
changed between my config for gnome and kde was the exec gnome-session to
exec startkde in .xsession. This was all logging in using xdm. Finally,
I've seen this problem in both XFree 4.0.1 and 3.3.6. So I assume its
something gnome doing. Hope this helps...

Andrew Tulloch - Systems Administrator - Legalex Ltd
		 andrew@cosa.uk-legal.net
		 FreeBSD: The Power To Serve...