Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:14:39 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT question

Fbsd8 wrote:
> Disregard that last post. ipfilter was updated to the current version 5
> in RELEASE 10.0 and I think also for 9.3. Been using ipfilter since
> RELEASE 4.0 without any problems. Its rock hard and easy to use.

I liked its syntax and would still use it if it could nat PPTP (GRE)
correctly. Unfortunately this missing feature was a show-stopper for
me.

Natting more than one PPTP session requires special support which was
missing in ipnat. It is even missing in some commercial hardware
NASes, so I am not complaining.

--
Victor Sudakov