Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:49:08 -0600
From:      "Justin W. Pauler" <jwpauler@jwpages.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   icq

Can someone please help me get ICQ working through IPFW. AOL Instant
Messenger had no problem working, but for some reason, ICQ wont. My firewall
policy is deny ip from any to any and I have put the following rules in place:

ICQ documentation said to allow a udp packet to 4000 on the other end so i
opened that up:

	${fwcmd} add 0302 pass udp from any 4000 to any
	${fwcmd} add 0303 pass udp from any to any 4000

It also said it had to have atleast 9 ports to work. They were dynamically
allocated. I opened 10 ports for it:

	${fwcmd} add 0304 pass tcp from any to any 1024-1034
	${fwcmd} add 0305 pass tcp from any 1024-1034 to any

However, for some reason, it just wont work. Any help would be appreciated.

-- jwp

--
Justin W. Pauler
FlexiShell Internet Services <http://www.flexishell.com>;