Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:51:31 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Generic 2-port PCI Express Serial Card - how to get recognized?

Hi folks;

I have a "generic" PCI Express "dumb" (16550 allegedly) serial card that
goes in a PCI Express slot.

FreeBSD doesn't see it, which I assume has to do with the card's "vendor ID"
not being in the table that FreeBSD reocognizes.

How do I get the ID from the probe (and/or probe the bus when the machine is
running?) - I assume I could add the vendor ID to the sio_pci.c module
and it MIGHT work, yes?

It doesn't have a specific brand and documentation is basically "zilch"; I
figured it might work right out of the box, but so far, no joy.

Thanks in advance!

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org		Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!