Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 23:41:02 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.iafrica.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Broken make world

Hi.

I'm sorry for the imprecise subject line. I need to rebuild my system,
but make world doesn't seem to be working quite correctly.

What can I do to rebuild the obj and lib directories ? Can I just delete them ? I think there's something there from a left over -current source pull
lying around, and I'd like to get my machine back to stable asap!

i.e. can I rm /usr/obj and /usr/lib, and then go to /usr/src after pulling
the latest -stable source and do something like make obj and make
lib ? I tried that, and it didn't seem to work too well.

I'd appreciate any help, and realise pulling -current source and then trying to go back to -stable is not such a good idea. How do I go back sucessfully ?

TIA, (and revelling in my stupidity),
Khetan Gajjar.