Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:49:09 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        pat seddon <pat_seddon@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: free bsd ver 2.2.8

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 11:15:33AM -0400, pat seddon wrote:
> Help I need commands to get system working . Booted to motd page but can`=
t get to the directories.

You sound as if you need to learn about the unix basics -- commands
like ls, cd, more, cp, mv etc.  There's a bit in the FreeBSD handbook:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/basics.html

but you might find the "Introduction to Unix" course from Ohio State
to be more to your taste:

    http://wks.uts.ohio-state.edu/unix_course/intro-1.html

	Cheers,

	Matthew

PS.  Why are you using such an old version of FreeBSD?  2.2.8 came out
in December 1998, and it's way out of any active support.  Unless you
have a specific need for 2.2.8 (eg. specific hardware support) I'd
strongly suggest updating to an up-to-date version -- 4.10 is probably
your best choice -- certainly if you're going to put that system on
the public internet.

--=20
                                                      Savill Way

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq