Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:07:56 -0700
From:      Jon Drews <jon.drews@gmail.com>
To:        Volker Stolz <vs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why does Xfce 4.2 have to query a DNS ?

Hi Volker and others:

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:21:26 +0100, Volker Stolz <vs@freebsd.org> wrote:
> You should probably talk to the port-maintainer (oliver@, cc:ing him right
> now). Maybe it's possible to find a way to make this behaviour the default
> at least for the FreeBSD-port. Or at least at a note to pkg-message.
> However, I don't feel too strongly about it now that I know it's user-
> configurable.

I did post to the Xfce users list and the developers, Benedikt Meurer
and Brian Tarricone, were kind enough to give me some pointers.
Unfortunately, I still can't diagnose the slow starting of Xterm.
After a lot of googling, I found that this is a not a common problem
and I have to conclude that I may indeed have something misconfigured.
I did switch to a light weight window manager, Qlwm, and the slow
starting of the Xterms is no longer a problem.
At any rate I have my own port (GSL) that needs further testing before
I submit it. Maybe when that is done I can return to this problem.
After all, Xfce is a really nice desktop.

                                Kind regards,
                                Jon