Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 13:42:18 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        meta <zeno@interport.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APM on a Thinkpad 760, 3.2-RELEASE

> >    i've managed to get fBSD 3.2 on an IBM Thinkpad 760el w/ nary a
> > hitch, but i seem to be having problems w/ APM. everything worked
> > beautifully as of my last install (2.2.7, i think), but now the machine
> > won't suspend.
> what's strange about this is that the machine DOES SUSPEND, but wakes
> immediately back up... the kernel reports (for instance)
>    Jul 30 07:02:30 bento /kernel: resumed from suspend mode (slept
> 	00:00:10)

Is there anything that might be 'waking' up the machine.  Check your
BIOS and make sure that there isn't anything (wake up on phone ring or
somesuch) that would cause it to wakeup.  If it's suspending, and then
waking up then the BIOS is actually doing the wakeup, especially since
it *is* going into suspend mode (per the message above).

Nate