Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 22:19:12 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Thomas Graichen <graichen@axp5.physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   booteasy

i'm trying to get OpenBSD booted from my second ide disk - on the first is
FreeBSD with booteasy installed - it also says fine:

F1: BSD
F2: disk2

but after pressing F2 i get the same menu - i know i had the same problem with
NetBSD some time ago and got it somehoe working - but can't remember how - can
anybody tell me a bit more about how booteasy works ?

i think all trivial things are ok:

* wd1 is < 540 mb
* wd1 is in the bios
* wd1 has a correct fdisk entry (made again with the FreeBSD fdisk)
* the OpenBSD (the only one) partition ismarked active
* it has a correct OpenBSD bootblock on it
* there's no booteasy on that second disk (resulting in ping pong between the
  two booteasy's)
* the OpenBSD partition is the full disk

any ideas ? - thanks in advance

p.s.: how about making it possible to boot each of the *BSD's with the other
bootloaders - i can boot FreeBSD with the NetBSD (1.1) one - but not vice
versa - Open- and FreeBSD are both not bootable by the other block - i think
there can't be much of a difference in them

--
  thomas graichen    graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de    graichen@FreeBSD.org

  perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when
      there is no longer anything to take away    antoine de saint-exupery