Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:55:11 -0500
From:      "Alton, Matthew" <Matthew.Alton@anheuser-busch.com>
To:        "'Russell Cattelan'" <cattelan@thebarn.com>
Cc:        "'Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG'" <Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'fs@FreeBSD.ORG'" <fs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: BSD-XFS Update

Pinned in the AIX-style "pinned memory" sense?  Succinctly, AIX
allows userland programs to tag memory pages so as to guarantee that
they will not be swapped to backing store.  Portions of the _KERNEL_
are paged out instead if necessary.

I assume that the pinning is of the AIX sort and that it is desirable, if
not necessary, for the realtime throughput guarantee policy.  Nes pas?