Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 23:52:43 -0800
From:      Frankie Li <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   replacement for Visual Basic

Hi,
	Currently, we have a lab full of Compaq PII
350MHz, 64MB of RAM, G200, and 4.3 GB hard drive. To
me, more than enough for as workstations.  We are currently
running Win95, which is very unsatisfactory over the
arena of security (we have FoolProof, which gets broken
daily) and stability.  After seening my little demostration
on FreeBSD 3.2 with KDE, my teacher wants to convert
to FreeBSD.  However, our currentl entry level computer
science classes are done in Visual Basic, which enables
my teacher to do much more of the "fun" (multimedia)
stuff.  I am wondering if there is anything similar
to Visual Basic, HyperCard, SuperCard, or anything that
resembles click, point, and type? :)  Is Visual Basic
on top of WINE stable right now?

I'm open to suggestion.  Thanks for you input in advance!

Frankie