Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:05:45 +0400
From:      Evgeny Dolgopiat <dolgop@mccinet.ru>
To:        "Andy Sporner" <sporner@nentec.de>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster <freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Directory shadowing utility now available...

Hello!

I tested your frep utility on  CURRENT. Device code (frep.c.patch) has error:

243+ 	if (strlen(xpath) > 1) { /* must be - if (strlen(xpath) > 0) */
244+ 		*cptr++ = '/';
245+ 	}

When I use dd command to create big file
(dd if=/dev/urandom of=/{path_to_frep_directory}/bigfile bs=1024 count=10000),
frep goes to overrun very quickly :(
Are you have some ideas to correct this problem?
Maybe dynamic queue with sysctl tunable size will help?

And one more question:
What about data recovery? How directory data from client will get to new
server? I mean if one server goes down and i'll set up new one instead of it.
Do you have some ideas or protocol?

Best wishes, Evgeny :)