Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 1995 04:24:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii>
To:        jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr, jkh@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What's the story with the FAQ?

> Gary Clark II writes:
> > We need whomever is working the WWW site to either:
> > 1. Update the version on the WEB page when the docs change  -OR-
> > 2. Give the FAQ Team access.
>

> And BTW, the changes to the FAQ regarding the movement of stuff
> to /usr/share/FAQ to /usr/share/FAQ/Text are somewhat misguided
> since, for the most part, the stuff in /usr/share/FAQ is obsolete
> and no longer maintained.  CONTRIB.FreeBSD and MIRROR.SITES are
> the exception.  The references in the FAQ should be replaced by
> links to the appropriate sections of the handbook.  As of today,
> you can make a url that jumps directly to a particular section of
> the handbook.
>
> Shortly before 2.0.5, I asked if anyone would object if I zapped
> the obsolete stuff and nobody responded...
>
> -john
Hi,

Not a problem.  I'll go through this weekend and check and see
what exactly needs changed and do so.

Thats why I asked in CVS for people to check it.  As soon as
Ollivier and I get all the feedback, we need to get this thing
on Usenet (Thanks to jmb@kryten for the news access)

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF)     |          FreeBSD support and service
gclarkii@FreeBSD.ORG        |     mail info@gbdata.com for information