Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 2021 10:07:17 +0100
From:      Jacques Foucry <jacques+freebsd@foucry.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-desktop@freebsd.org
Subject:   OSS usage with i3wm on a Lenovo laptop

Hello friends,

I run Free=1ASD 12.2-RELEASE-p3 on a Lenovo x280 Laptop.

My windonw manager is i3wm.

After many try, I conclude that the correct sound manager is OSS. So I
uninstall pluseaudio.

It almost work. I can have conversation, using my headphone on Big Blue But=
ton
and other software.

But, I don't find the correct way to control the volumes, mic or headset. :=
-(

fossmixer run correctly but I don't interstand how to use it.

I just want to use the XF86Audio=E2=80=A6 key to raise, lower sound and mic.

Here is my /dev/sndstat=20

Installed devices:
pcm0: <Realtek ALC257 (Analog 2.0+HP/2.0)> (play/rec) default
pcm1: <Realtek ALC257 (Right Analog Mic)> (rec)
pcm2: <Intel Kaby Lake (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play)
Installed devices from userspace:
dsp: <Virtual OSS> (play/rec)

Did some had advices for me?

Thanks in advance for your time and for reading me.

--=20
Jacques Foucry