Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 16:15:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      BRiGHTMN <brightmn@server.local.sunyit.edu>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers <FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mounting

> I'm stumped here, could I get some help?
yes the man pages, a man on ps states:

  state   The state is given by a sequence of letters, for example,
             ``RWNA''. The first letter indicates the run state of the
pro-cess:

             D       Marks a process in disk (or other short term,
uninter-ruptible) wait.

your NFS servers aren't responding correctly try using NFS version 2
instead of 3 it worked for me.

Alfred Perlstein
perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu