Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 1996 10:36:43 +0100 (BST)
From:      <mac@nibsc.ac.uk>
To:        lehey.pad@sni.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get maximum results from FreeBSD-questions

>Subject: How to get maximum results from FreeBSD-questions
>To: sauri@islandia.is (Asgeir Halldorsson)
>Date: Thu, 25 Apr 96 10:15:27 MDT
>From: Greg Lehey <lehey.pad@sni.de>
>Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

[Guidelines for getting questions answered]

>Comments?

One point that is often missed in my experience.  You may not get an answer to
your questions ever simply because no-one knows the answer.  One repost might
be justified, but posting again and again is not appreciated.  If the readers
of the list don't know the answer they will just say nothing.  Far better that
than 200 messages on the list all saying "Sorry, I can't help".

Agreed?

                               Mac
          Assistant Systems Adminstrator @nibsc.ac.uk

                 mac@nibsc.ac.uk  (also postmaster)
 Work: 01707 654753 x 285               Everything else: 0956 237670 (any time)