Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:35:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kathy Clark <kathy@felix.acet.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installing 2.2.1 on a DataLux DataBrick

I quess my first question is has anyone ever heard of a
data brick and have you been successful at installing
FreeBSD on it?

I'm able to boot off the installation disk, go into
visual mode and make modifications to the devices
(wdc0, fdc0,sio0), save the changes and then it starts
probing for ISA devices and nothing happens.  It just
hangs and I have to turn it off.

It is an AST with a 486DX processor and a ISA/AT/classic
bus.  Currently it does not have an ethernet card.
(I have to order it)  The card will be a 3Com PCMCIA
Etherlink III. Could this be part of my problem?  Does
Freebsd require a card to be present?  I realize I need
it to get to the net, but I would think I'd get past
the probing point.