Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:56:14 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike <skillet@nauticom.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Subject:   Re: Cant these people spell?

On 26-Oct-99 Mike wrote:
> So... What makes you god ? just because they cant type doesnt not mean they
> dont need help.... rember one day you guys where a newbie too..... we all
> were I mean show some niceness geeze.. oh damm did I spell a word wrong time
> for me to get bitch at too eh...

It's not a question of anyone playing god, simply that _everyone_ should make
the effort to properly format and errorcheck their e-mails.

When you get 100s of email each day (and those on -questions and/or -current
will) a badly formatted or spelt message could simply get ignored. Like it or
not, that's a fact.

A message that's difficult to read only introduces problems in communication,
which when you're asking for help, doesn't help at all.

No one's playing god. It's just a plea (that's been said many times before) for
some better thought out messages.

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD UK User Group