Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:15:43 +0100
From:      Jamie Griffin <griffin8j@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Pkg 1.3.7 out. Special handling recommended to avoid reinstalls.

On 27/08/2014 16:27, Bryan Drewery wrote:
> pkg check -Ba
Ok, so running pkg check has so far found a few irregularities. After 3
months of trying to get my desktop upgraded unsuccessfully due to pkg
issues, I'm worried to let pkg go ahead and modify the packages
installed in case it breaks my desktop again.

Is it best, then, to completely remove those packages showing as
irregular from pkg check and then reinstall? Has anyone run this new pkg
version already and found it has sorted the problems out successfully?