Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:16:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
To:        ssriva1@gl.umbc.edu (Sandip Srivastava)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I access DOS partition from FreeBSD?

 >I want to access my DOS partition from FreeBSD, how do I do it?

Try this for accessing primary/extented partitions on the first and second
IDE disks.  You'll want to tune the drive letter assignments to your
particular system.

cd /
mkdir c d e f
cd /dev
sh MAKEDEV wd0s5
sh MAKEDEV wd1s5

Add these lines to /etc/fstab:

#/dev/wd0s1     /c              msdos   rw,-m775 0 0
/dev/wd0s1      /c              msdos   ro,-m555 0 0
/dev/wd1s1      /d              msdos   ro,-m555 0 0
/dev/wd0s5      /e              msdos   ro,-m555 0 0
/dev/wd1s5      /f              msdos   ro,-m555 0 0

Then just reboot and they'll be mounted each time.  Note that this mounts
them read only.  If you prefer read/write access, use the permissions in
the first (commented-out) line.  For SCSI disks, use sd?s? instead of
wd?s?.

Randall Hopper
rhh@ct.picker.com