Date:      Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:17:45 -0500
From:      Jacques Vidrine <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-vuxml@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: database tables for VuXML

On Aug 23, 2004, at 9:54 AM, Dan Langille wrote:
> The package names?  I think you are referring to PORTVERSION and
> PORTREVISION.  For example, 1.34.6 is PORTVERSION, and 2 is the
> PORTREVISION.  This information is generated from the following:
>
>   make -V PORTREVISION -V PORTVERSION
>
> Is that what you are referring to?

You accidently answered my question :-)  I guess you have set those
whenever the commit mail came in ... so the view of past package
versions is from past executions of `make -V'.

I wish I could `cd /usr/ports/some/app && make package-names' to get a
list of all package names this port ever built.  or some such.

> I welcome example icons!
> I was thinking to link people to the internal FreshPorts pages, and
> from there to the official vuxml.freebsd.org pages if they want
> additional information.

Sounds great.  I imagine you probably generate the pages from your
database, but if you need any help with rendering directly from the
XML, lemme know.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A Vidrine / NTT/Verio