Date:      Sat, 21 May 2005 21:47:13 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: file://localhost/usr/ports/misc/mmv/README.html

Throwing caution to the wind and speaking without thinking about
what was being said on Tue, May 17, 2005 at 22:11 ,
Kris Kennaway blurted this:

> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 10:56:56PM -0400, bv@wjv.com wrote:
> > I can't find 'mmv' on the FreeBSD.org site, or the wustl site.  Has it
> > been removed?

> No, it's still in the same place.

I just went and looked again, and I'm damned if I can find it.

The master side at wuarchive.wustl.edu has undergone drastic
changes.  I've perused the ports and under misc I do not find
anything with mmv.  An ls of mm* doesn't show it.

I got a copy from a a site in the .br domain that just required
unzipping and recompressing, and the checksums matched in
the ports stub.

mmv is found in /usr/ports/misc but the files to make it just
don't seem to be around.

When 'make' doesn't find the file at wustl, it tries to get
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/mmv.tar.Z
and comes back with the error File unavailabe ( e.g. file not
found, no access )

And then continues with try to retreive it manually, but it's not
there.

I may have vision problems but I don't it's that bad :-)

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com