Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 96 21:02:21 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyes01@ibm.net>
To:        "questions@freefall.freebsd.org" <questions@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V1 #1542

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996 17:36:27 -0800 (PST),
owner-questions-digest@freefall.freebsd.org wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, Craig Shrimpton wrote:
>
>> I have FBSD 2.1-STABLE on a Compaq Presario (has funky bios) and I've
>> just added another 32MB RAM.  On boot the PC saw the new memory and
>> autoconfiged it.  However, FBSD will only see 16MB of it.

I don't recall which model, but I have a Compaq at work with 20MB (or
24MB can't remember) and when FreeBSD didn't see more than 16MB I
read somewhere about incompatibilities with Compaqs. Added a
parameter in the Kernel file took care of the problem. I think it was
Maxmem (or something simmilar)