Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:38:21 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptop PCMCIA NIC support

I ran into this problem a while ago...

I've a Dell Latitude CP (233) which I want to set up again for use
with FreeBSD.  I obtained a new hard drive, more ram, etc.

The problem is the boot disks do not initialize the PCMCIA network cards.
In the past, I would have to boot up windows, and do a soft reboot to get into
FreeBSD (another partition).  This time, I want it fully dedicated.

The NICs I have:  3C574-TX (worked, but needed initialization) and 3COM
Megahertz
10/100 LAN+56k modem card.

Is there a special boot floppy I can obtain which will properly initialize
the cards?

Thanks in advance....